Study in the UK visa requirements
The UK has a long history of providing world-class education, with some of the world’s most prestigious universities and academic institutions. Studying in the UK provides access to a wide range of academic programmes, research and innovation opportunities, and a vibrant student community. This blog will tells about the student Visa in the UK.
With its rich history and culture, breathtaking scenery, and access to top employers and industries, the United Kingdom offers international students a one-of-a-kind and exciting study experience.
The UK government offers all Indian students the opportunity to study in the country, but you must first obtain a UK student visa. At present, foreign students who complete graduation in the UK are allowed to stay back in the country for up to two years after securing their degrees.
This is while looking for skilled jobs. The type of visa you require will be determined by your age and the type of study you wish to pursue in the UK.
If you are a non-UK resident and wish to study in the UK, you will need a student visa. Visa requirements depend on your nationality and study duration.
Here are the general visa requirements for studying in the UK:
Offer of a place at a UK educational institution:
You must have an offer of a place from a UK university or educational institution that is a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS):
Once you receive an offer from a UK institution, you will need to obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number from the institution. The CAS number will be required when applying for a student visa.
You will need to provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover your course fees and living expenses in the UK. The amount of funds required depends on the duration of your course and where you will study. Evidence of funds can be in the form of bank statements, loan letters or sponsorship letters from your sponsors.
English language proficiency:
You will need to prove your English language proficiency by passing an approved English language test, such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic.
If you are from a country where tuberculosis is prevalent, you will need a tuberculosis test. If you are an Indian resident and visit the UK for more than 6 months, you must be tested for tuberculosis (TB).
Your test must be performed at a Home Office-approved clinic. Each person must pay INR 2000 for a TB screening. The test fee is separate from the visa application fee.
You may need health insurance depending on the duration of your course and where you will study. £470 for your Immigration Health Surcharge per year, which gives you access to the UK’s National Health Service – this is the cost after the 25% student visa discount.
You will need to provide biometric information, including fingerprints and a photograph, as part of your visa application.
To be eligible for a UK student visa, you must:
- Have an unconditional offer of a place on a course from a licensed sponsor/ CAS reference number and documents used to obtain CAS
- A valid English proficiency score
- Financial proof, i.e. demonstrating sufficient funds to support yourself and pay for your course.
Here’s an overview of study visa types and their application requirements:
Who it’s for
When to apply
Arrival in the UK
|Student Visa UK||Students aged 16 or over who have been offered a place in a course at a UK educational institution||Three months before the start of your course||Up to one week before if your course lasts six months or fewer. Up to one month before if your course lasts more than six months|
Apply for your UK student visa online
You’ll have to apply for your student visa application online using the British Government’s official Gov.UK website. You can apply up to 6 months before your intended UK travel date. Remember, your application date is the date your application fee is paid.
Embark on your UK study abroad journey with Triumph Hub. Our expert team offers seamless student visa processing, with a proven track record of successfully helping our clients obtain their visas.”
UK student visa fee
Visa fee depends upon the visa that you will apply for:
|Student visa UK||It costs £363 as the application fee for the visa from outside the UK. Also, you need to pay £490 to extend or switch student visas from inside the UK.|
Mode of payment
- Online mode i.e., MasterCard or Visa card
- Through a demand draft to be submitted to the visa application center or the selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
- Through cash payment at the visa application center or Standard Chartered Bank branches
How to get a student VISA in the UK
To apply for a visa, you will need to complete an online application form. You will also need to provide supporting documents such as your education document, passport, evidence of your financial situation, and details of your travel plans.
Visa application form
The UK visa application form is available online on the UK government’s official visa application website. Here are the steps to access and complete the form:
- Please visit to the UK government’s visa application website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa
- Select the type of visa you want to apply for and click on the “Apply” button.
- Create an account by providing your email address and password.
- Once you have created an account, you can access the online application form by logging in and following the instructions.
- Provide all the required information on the form, including personal details, travel plans, and reasons for your visit.
- Upload the supporting documents, such as your passport, bank statements, and any other relevant documents.
- Pay the application fee online using a debit or credit card.
- Submit the completed application form and supporting documents.
- After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.
It is important to ensure accurate and complete information on the visa application form. You should also submit all the required supporting documents to avoid delays or complications in the visa application process.
UK Visa Application Forms:-
Use this step-by-step guide to help you with your UK visa application.
Completing the UK Visa Application Form
The UK visa application form consists of personal details, passport information, contact details, your family details, previous applications, travel history, and others.
How Do I Fill In My Personal Details on the UK Visa Application Form?
This is the first part of any application form. You should carefully and correctly write down your personal details as stated in your passport.
Your name should be the same as it is on your passport. But you should not include your family name here. Specify your legal sex, type of travel document. Specify the type of your passport.
How Do I Fill In My Passport Information on the UK Visa Application Form?
- Enter all information as they are stated on your passport.
- Current passport or travel number.
- Write down your current passport or travel number.
- Your passport number is found in the top right-hand corner of the passport.
- Remember that the two numbers, the one in your passport and travel document, are different and unique to each document.
- Place of Issue.
- Write down both the country and the city that issued your passport. Issuing Authority.
- Write down the National Authority that issued your document/travel
GUIDANCE TO STUDENT FOR THE DOCUMENTS TO CARRY ALONG WHILE VISA INTERVIEW
- Original Passport ( All passports including all expired passports )
- Passport photocopy first page and last page
- Online VISA Application Form
- Printout of document checklist downloaded from the visa application portal.
- Print Out of Appointment
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (no need to attach conditional offer letter)
- Education loan sanction letter along with the Visiting Card of the branch manager.
- Bank Balance Certificate + Saving Passbook / Bank Statement
- IELTS / TOEFL Score sheet if meeting the requirement
- Bachelor of Science (Degree Certificate + 3 years mark sheet (with backlogs))
- 12th Class (Passing Certificate + Marksheet)
- 10th Class (Passing Certificate + Marksheet)
- Letter of Consent, Birth Certificate of student (If student is under 18 years of age)
- Consent letter from parents for using the funds of the Parents and Birth Certificate to prove the relationship, if the bank account is only in the name of the parents.
- TB Clearance certificate from the approved Doctors and chest X ray.
The link for a list of approved clinics:
- Student need to also take the print out of mail which the students gets after making the payment for NHS Health Surcharge,
- Print out of ATAS certificate is required if mentioned in CAS.
Note: The above documents have to be in original, no alterations, changes, tampering on the documents. Some of the above documents to be attached only if they are mentioned in the CAS on a case to case basis wherever applicable.
- Students are not supposed to submit the ITRs of their parents until and unless asked to do so.
- Students will have to appear for Interview by UKVI High Commission while submitting the VISA file at VFS.
- Health Surcharge is calculated automatically by entering the CAS Start Date and CAS End Date. The rate is £470 per year
- The UK VISA Fee is £348 which is equivalent to INR 35,000 approx.
- Student can also apply for Priority VISA Service by paying INR 20,000 in addition to VISA Fees
- Student can also opt for Super Priority VISA which cost INR 98, 627 in addition to VISA Fees
Link to be used for VISA Application :
Tuition fees and living expenses.
Tuition fees at public universities
Tuition costs at public UK universities can vary greatly. The ‘home’ fee typically ranges between 5,500 and 10,200 GBP per year, depending on the university, discipline, and length of study.
The ‘international’ fee is usually an additional 10000-18000 GBP on top of the initial ‘home’ fee. In some cases, it may be twice or three times the ‘home’ fee.
Tuition fees at private universities.
While some study programmes at private universities have tuition costs comparable to those at public institutions, private higher education is generally more expensive.
Business and medical studies are the most expensive at both public and private universities.
Depending on your study level and location in the UK, different courses have different costs. For instance, degrees in the humanities and social sciences typically cost the least, whereas degrees in the sciences of the body and clinical studies typically cost the most.
The range of international undergraduate tuition costs is £11,400 to £38,000. An estimated £22,200 is the average cost per year. Undergraduate programmes typically last three years in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland and four years in Scotland.
- Post graduate
Graduate students pay between £9,000 and £30,000 in postgraduate tuition fees abroad. It is estimated that the average cost is about £17,109 annually.
In the UK, many postgraduate degree programmes can be finished in one year of full-time study. It benefits your finances and career. The costs associated with a one-year master’s programme are typically lower and fewer. Compared to a conventional two-year master’s programme, it provides the opportunity for a quicker entry or re-entry into employment.
We advise you to visit the website of the university or college you are applying to for specific information about tuition costs, which vary by course and institution.
Without dependents, international students studying in the UK can anticipate paying between £1300 and £1400 per month for housing, bills, groceries, and other living expenses in London or between £900 and £1300 in the rest of the UK outside the London.
Ready to turn your dream of studying in the UK into a reality? Look no further than Triumph Hub! Our expert team has a proven track record of successfully helping clients secure their student visas and pursue their higher education goals in the UK.
Don’t just take our word for it – the results speak for themselves! We are proud to have helped countless clients achieve their study abroad dreams and we’re here to do the same for you.
Contact us today and let us help you make your study abroad aspirations a reality with our expert guidance and support!